- The game was released! This year's game has some very unique challenges. Watch the game animation below for the specifics.
- Next week, we are meeting after school on Tuesday and Thursday, as well as all morning on Friday (no school!) and Saturday. By the end of the week we are going to have a prototype of our robot completely built and driving around.
- Everybody that is interested in coming to the competition needs to read the game manual! You can find it here (The password is $Robots&in#SPACE!!). The manual is long (129 pages), but it's definitely worth your time to understand the rules of the game you're playing.
- We are considering booking hotel rooms in Salt Lake City for the duration of the competition. This will help reduce stress overall and give us some more time to sleep, which is always nice! Unfortunately, this will mean the trip will cost more for all students. This also means we will need to have another parent meeting to approve the trip. If this cost would be a burden to you or your family, come talk to Mr. Eastmond, Jerica, or Matthew and we can discuss some further options. More details will be forthcoming as we get the trip approved by the district.
- Bring sketches of some T-shirt design ideas next week if you'd like to help design the T-shirt.
See you all then!
Parent Meeting Information
- Total out of pocket cost will be about $25 for food (less if you bring food from home) and a T-shirt (also optional, but recommended).
- Competition is all day March 28-30 at the Maverik Center in West Valley City.
- We will take FrontRunner up to the competition on the first and second days.
- If you haven't, join our Remind group by texting @alcrobots to 81010.
- Our robotics build season will kickoff January 5 starting at 7:30 AM. We'll have waffles and find out what 2019's game is. You won't want to miss it.
- Contact Mr. Eastmond, Matthew, or Jerica via Remind if you have questions.
We will be holding a parent meeting on Tuesday September 25, 2018 at 6:00 pm for the parents of students who are interested in joining Team 3405 for 2019. The meeting will be held in Robert Eastmond's classroom at the Advanced Learning Center in Salem.
Click "Join Our Team" above for more info.